CNN Cold War documentary part 4: Berlin
During and/or after the video, you should be able to answer the following questions.
You may or not be tested on the following questions upon my return to ensure that you are paying attention...
- How was Germany divided up at the end of WW2?
- How did this affect Berlin?
- What was unique about Berlin/Germany during the Cold War?
- What was the situation like in Berlin after the war?
- What did Ernest Bevin, British Foreign Secretary, plan for the city?
- What did the Soviets want to do to Germany?
- Why did the USSR become frustrated with their Western allies over Germany?
- What did the allies introduce into West Germany in 1948?
- How did the Communists initially respond?
- Why didn’t the Soviets bring in their tanks?
- What did they do instead?
- What two options did the allies have for breaking the blockade?
- How did America threaten the USSR during the Berlin Airlift?