CNN Cold War documentary part 3: Marshall Plan
During and/or after the video, you should be able to answer the following questions.
You may or not be tested on the following questions upon my return to ensure that you are paying attention...
- What problems still existed in Italy after WW2?
- What might this lead to?
- What did the US want to make sure didn’t happen in Europe?
- Why did the US have to become involved in Greece?
- How did Truman persuade the American politicians to expect the Truman Doctrine?
- Why were people attracted to Communism post WW2?
- Who did Truman ask to plan the US response to the threat of Communism in Eastern Europe?
- How did the US and USSR disagree about the future of Germany?
- What did Marshall decide to put together to help Europe?
- What was the British reaction to the Marshall Plan?
- How did Stalin view the Marshall Plan?